A message from your part-time faculty union at MICA – apply for a fall 2016 salary step increase today
Your union contract at MICA, which was ratified in fall 2015, makes it much easier for part-time faculty at MICA to apply for an annual increase on the salary scale.
Apply now. The deadline to apply for an increase that will go into effect in fall 2016 is June 30, 2016.
Here are the criteria for advancement on the salary scale. You may advance only one step per academic year:
- 15 credits of teaching from summer 2015 to spring 2016 at MICA and/or an accredited postsecondary college.
- The classes must be for credit and relevant to the classes taught at MICA.
- No high school, private school or organization will be counted except high school teaching may be counted for part-time faculty members in the Art Ed. Curriculum.
- 2,000 hours annually of professional work completed from July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016
- Professional work must be relevant to the class/es taught at MICA.
- Contract work, freelance work, or other relevant work for which the employee receives compensation in that year will be counted if the member certifies with a CV and other appropriate supporting documentation, that such work is equivalent to full time work on an annual basis.
- A combination of teaching credits and professional experience (counted as a percentage of 2,000 hours work annually)
- Professional experience is counted as a percentage of 2,000 hours work annually. Professional work that is not compensated at an hourly rate will count toward advancing on the salary scale if the faculty member certifies, with a CV and other appropriate supporting documentation, the compensation received and the hours spent on such work.
Step increases are annual – part-time faculty who are not teaching in fall 2016, but will be teaching in spring 2017, should apply for a step increase by the June 30, 2016 deadline.
MICA has created an application form which you can obtain by emailing Eunmee Damianos at email@example.com. Applications should be submitted to Eunmee Damianos by June 30, 2016.
If you have questions about how to apply or other concerns your union is here to help.
Please contact Anne McLeer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-731-4638.
 For example, if you had 7.5 teaching credits and 1,000 hours relevant work experience you could move up one step on the salary scale, or any similar combination.