All faculty covered by this agreement must either pay membership dues of SEIU Local 500 or pay the agency fee, unless they fall into one of these exceptions:
- Employed by Trinity Washington University before January 12, 2017.
- Are members of federal, state, or District of Columbia judicial, legislative, or executive branches of government;
- Hold diplomatic or ambassador status;
- Are full or part-time employees of the International Monetary Fund or the World Bank Group;
- Are not paid directly by the University and whose services are instead procured through a contractual arrangement between the University and the employee’s primary employer;
- Are retired full-time University faculty who have emeritus status;
- Are appointed to teach a compressed course (i.e., six weeks or fewer in duration); or
- Establish that, due to the nature of their employment outside of Trinity Washington University, they are prevented from paying dues or an agency fee to a labor organization because so doing would inhibit the ability of the employee to perform services for his or her non-University employer.