Welcome to MCPS and Our Union, SEIU Local 500!
We are so excited to welcome you to the school system. One of the most important things you can do as you start your career in MCPS is to develop an understanding of the ins and outs of the school system, your paycheck and the programs designed to help you move ahead. This open house event will give you the information on how to access all the benefits our union has negotiated for us.
When: January 31st, 2019, 5pm to 7pm.
Where: SEIU Local 500 Office, 12 Taft Court, Rockville, MD
RSVP here: https://bit.ly/2SNQrnU
We will have more information on:
- Paycheck 101– What are COLAs, Grades, and Steps? What does this all mean for my salary and benefits?
- Sick Leave and Family Leave Bank – what are these benefits and how do I access them?
- Educational Benefits– Student debt forgiveness, tuition reimbursements and training during no-work days. How can I continue my education to move forward in my career?
- Career Ladders– What is it? How can it help me?
- What can the union do for me if I am having problems at work?Understanding how the union can work with you to make sure your rights are respected at work.
- Where can I find information?Where to find the contract, information on your paycheck and other important places to follow up.
- Politics. Why does it matter?There are politics in our paycheck! Our wages, benefits and even our calendar year are impacted by politicians in Rockville and Annapolis. Find out more about how you can get involved and make sure your voice is heard.